Beautiful New Music

This is my favorite less-than-ten-years-old composition (The first movement particularly).

This is the organ symphony, in four movements, of Dan Gawthrop.

The term "organ symphony" could confuse some... there's no symphony orchestra here. Symphonic just describes the type of music, as opposed to polyphonic, etc.

  • (MP3)Allegro (The theme reminds me a little bit of a "Journey" song!! This is one of my favorite performances on this page)
  • (MP3)Adagio (Smooth and Smarmy)
  • (MP3)Giocoso (Short, sweet, and fun... kind of Nutcrackeresque)
  • (MP3)Finale (Wow... fantastic flashy ending)

    Direct-links used with permission
  • 4 Comments:

    Blogger Benjamin said...

    Nice. I particularly like the woodwind sounds of the Giocoso myself, but they were all interesting.

    So when are we going to be graced with mp3s of YOU playing the organ, Andy???

    November 09, 2005 2:28 PM  
    Blogger AndyOfVermont said...

    Man, you people and your demands! :-P

    Recording myself has been in the back of my mind for some time. I shold move this closer to the front of my mind. I need to pull together the technology for it. Actually, I did take a 30 second video with my cheap digital camera of my feet playing a hymn with a more involved bass line. The sound is awful, but it IS me playing the organ. Anyone care to point me to a user-friendly video hosting service?

    November 09, 2005 5:28 PM  
    Blogger G. F. McDowell said...

    the wheel in the sky keeps on turning...

    January 14, 2006 12:37 AM  
    Blogger andreinauznicov said...

    Happy new year!

    Beautiful!

    Thank you!

    January 02, 2010 10:18 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home